nuffnang header

Sunday 17 March 2013

Movie Review: The Last Exorcism 2

Hello, another update of a movie review here. Thanks to Nuffnang for giving me this tix and thanks to Cathay Cineplax e@Curve for providing us with yummy snacks! (2 sets of cola n caramel popcorn completes the deal!) *wink*

So, this screening was scheduled on 11 March 2012 but because of some technical error, it was postponed to 15 March. So, thanks to a friend of mine who bravely accompany me watching this horror movie last Friday. What's the point of being a man then, if he didn't dare to watch a horror film??  o_O *but he's really a coward, turning his head away all the time from the screen* HEH! =_="

Alright, let's check it out bout this movie right now!~

Language: English
Genre: Horror/Thriller
Running time: 88 minutes
Director: Ed Gass-Donelly
Release date: 14 March 2013
Cast: Ashley Bell, Julia Garner, Spencer Treat Clark

Synopsis
Continuing where the first film left off, Nell Sweetzer (Ashley Bell) is found terrified and alone in rural Louisiana. 
Back in the relative safety of New Orleans, Nell realizes that she can't remember entire portions of the previous months only that she is the last surviving member of her family. Just as Nell begins the difficult process of starting a new life, the evil force that once possessed her is back with other , unimaginably horrific plans that mean her last exorcism was just beginning. (cc- GSC)

My review
Hurmm.....................unlike my previous movie review on The Call, I am kinda clueless and speechless actually on how to review this movie. Hehe. The story started when Nell is found and she is returned to a normal life after the event of the first movie. Nell is taken to a shelter for troubled girls and diagnosed as a delusional victim of cult abuse. She's progressing really well and started to have a life just like any other normal girls.

Until suddenly she fell in love with Chris and after he confessed his love to her, then suddenly lotsa strange things happen. The plot is kinda slow and maybe the script want to raise a question to the audience to think whether the evil thing is really exist or she's just nuts!

But evil thing does exist and it wants her. Like, badly. That thing wants to own her. So, just like any other typical horror film, there must be someone who's trying to help, isn't it? But sadly she cannot do it alone as the evil spirit is so strong and need helps. She contacted a team of exorcist and they did their best trying to help Nell.

Like I said before, the plot is slow and boring and sometimes illogical. Not to mention, sometimes I can't even understand the plot. I was thinking, maybe because I didn't watch the original movie, The Last Exorcism (part 1). Maybe it's my own mistake for not understanding the story line beforehand. But I believe, if this movie is a really good piece, then I will enjoy it no matter what. But sadly, I didn't. 

I think the ending had a lil twist. Since the title is The Last Exorcism (part 2 sumore), we might think that no more exorcism after this, Nell will be free, save and sound. But seems like it's another way around. ;)

My opinion
If you watched The Last Exorcism before, you can give this sequel a try and decide whether this sequel is relevant or not. LOL. And what can I say is that, I really really miss a good piece of American horror movie which I haven't get to see for years already.

Dare to watch the trailer? =p

Lastly, I would rate this movie 1.5/5

Chiow~ Tata~

No comments:

Post a Comment